The E8 has an interesting place in Sundown Audio history.
The E8 v.1 was the FIRST subwoofer ever made by Sundown Audio back in 2008.
By the time we released the E-10/12/15 v.1 series the 8” was on its third generation so it’s version remains ahead to this day. We are often asked about this little history tidbit so we thought it would be interesting to include it right here!
We believe that the E8 v.6 is the absolutely finest 8” subwoofer available at this price point for use in a small ported enclosure.
It has been refined time and again over the years to the point where it just cannot get any better for the money spent in our opinion.
The 8” model utilizes a 2” voice coil which is much better suited to this power level and cone size compared to the larger models.
It also features its own unique motor design with a heavily vented magnetic gap and solid pole piece for extremely high thermal power handling.
The motor geometry allows for the same 14mm one-way linear x-max as the larger cone
- Xmax = 14mm one-way by 70% BL
- RMS Power = 500-watts (300-watts 8”)
- Vented magnetic gap
- Vented pole piece with optimized geometry (solid pole for 8”)
- Black Aluminum 2.5” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation (2” coil for 8”)
- High Temperature 4-Layer copper voice coil wire
- Spring Loaded Terminals
- Stitched-On “Mini-XL” Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Bolted-on Spider Pack
- Bolt-through motor design to ensure maximum longevity and ruggedness against mechanical failures
- High strength stamped steel frame
- Optimized for ported enclosures
|T/S SPECS||E V.6 8" D2||E V.6 8" D4|
|Sens (dB @ 1w/1m)||82.4||81.3|
- Ported Enclosure
- Size: 0.65 cuft net
- Port Area: 9 sqin
- Port Tuning: 35hz
- Sealed Enclosure
- Not Recommended
- Displacement: 0.07 cuft.
- Depth: 4.98"
- Outside Diameter: 8.5"
- Cutout: 7.250"
- Physical Dimensions