Alpine Introduces the all-new Alpine Status sound system: using the same engineering and design concepts drawn from the third generation, Ultra High-Resolution AlpineF#1Status system, Alpine created “Alpine Status” to achieve High-Resolution Sound at a more approachable and accessible price point. The Alpine Status system is also extremely flexible: all components can be purchased and used in “stand-alone” configuration.
The HDS-990 Hi-Res Audio Media Player achieves 192kHz/24Bit playback via 3 wired USB DAC inputs or wireless Bluetooth® connection. This ensures that any high-resolution music files stored on a USB or smartphone will be reproduced at the intended spec. It is designed to work in parallel with your original radio (or existing aftermarket radio) and has therefore no radio or DAB+ tuner as well as no Bluetooth hands-free features or similar.
The Media Player includes a compact controller with buttons for basic music controls, a high-resolution color screen that displays playback data and album cover artwork, a volume knob for quick sound controls, and a separate black-box for flexible installation in the vehicle. High-Resolution 4x 50W amplifier output, high-performance RCA outputs and an optical TOSLINK & Coax ports allow for flexible system building with the HDP-D90 Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Amplifier.
Hi-Res Audio Made Accessible
The Alpine Status system features many technologies, components and materials of the AlpineF#1Status system to achieve ultra high-precision music reproduction - at an affordable price tag. It is designed to play music tracks at 192kHz / 24bit format, which are widely accessible in many online stores and streaming platforms. High-Res Audio playback of 192kHz / 24bit allows Alpine Status to create a heightened listening experience in the vehicle that emulates the feeling of an intimate recording studio session.
Hi-Res Audio Media Player
The HDS-990 Alpine Status Media Player sounds simply amazing and can playback Hi-Res Audio files up to 192kHz / 24bit without down-sampling. It supports many different sound formats, such as MP3, WMA, AAC, MP4, WAV, FLAC, APE and DSD. Audio sources can be connected to the 3 USB ports or streamed via Bluetooth (at a lower sampling rate).
Hide-Away Black-Box Design
The Media Player is designed with a hide-away black-box configuration. This makes it very easy to find a suitable space in your dash for the slim control panel, while installing the 1DIN sized black-box anywhere behind the dashboard or similar.
Source Input Options
You can chose from many source inputs: connect your original radio’s speaker lines to the 4-channel high-level inputs to enjoy all original audio sources of your vehicle. There is also a 2-channel RCA input, 3 USB ports (supporting up to 192kHz / 24bit) and of course Bluetooth Audio streaming (supporting up to 96kHz / 24bit).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Wireless Bluetooth connection to your smartphone or Bluetooth-enabled digital audio player is also possible, thanks to the built-in high-end LDAC and aptX HD standards. You can stream music up to 96kHz / 24bit quality. Additional supported Bluetooth Audio Codecs are SBC, AAC and aptX.
Alpine Status Full System
Alpine Status features many components that are optimized in both power and performance as a complete system to play at their intended high-resolution spec for excellent, audiophile sound quality. However, each component can be purchased independently for custom system building.
Wide Output Options
The HDS-990 features a wide range of outputs for maximum system-building flexibility. The 4-channel hi-power output (4x 50 Watts) can be used to directly drive your door speakers, while the 6-channel RCA output is designed to connect external amplifiers. There is also an optical TOSLINK as well as a coaxial output to connect the HDS-990 Media Player to a DSP such as the Alpine Status HDP-D90.
Extensive Sound Tuning Options
There are many sound tuning features already built into the Media Player, such as 6-channel 31-band Parametric EQ, 3-Way Digital X-Over and Digital Time Correction. These features come in handy if the HDS-990 Media Player is used in stand-alone mode without the HDP-D90 DSP amplifier.
Works With Your Original Radio
The HDS-990 Media Player is designed to work in parallel with an original manufacturer’s radio or any aftermarket radio. While the original radio is used for radio and DAB+ reception, vehicle settings, CD playback, Bluetooth, etc., the HDS-990’s part is to play-back, stream and control Hi-Res Audio music files. Since the original radio is intended to be kept in the vehicle, we created the HDS-990’s control panel in a very compact format to be easily added anywhere in the dashboard or center console.
Stand-Alone System or DSP Amplifier Link
You can use the HDS-990 as stand-alone system by connecting it directly to the vehicle’s speakers (or using external amplifiers). To use the system’s full potential however we recommend to pair it with the HDP-D90 DSP amplifier. This DSP amplifier features a built-in 12-channel digital amplifier, 31-band Parametric EQ per channel and many other sound tuning features.
Studio Recording Spec
Alpine Status achieves 192kHz/24Bit playback, which is 6.5 times the amount of digital audio data in a standard CD or digital streaming service and exceeds the standard High-Resolution spec of 96kHz/24Bit found in most aftermarket sound solutions. This allows Alpine Status to capture and accurately reproduce details like the breath of the artist or a musician’s subtle interaction with an instrument. This capability not only reproduces music to the artist’s original intention, but emulates the experience of a studio recording in the vehicle.
- Hi-Res Audio Media Player (192kHz / 24bit max sampling rate with down-sampling)
- External control unit with hide-away 1DIN media-box
- Color display
- 3 USB Ports (1 front / 2 back ports) for audio playback
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (LDAC, aptX HD)
- 4x 50Watts built-In amplifier
- 6-channel 31-band Parametric EQ
- 3-way digital X-Over
- Digital Time Correction
- MP3, WMA, AAC, MP4, WAV, FLAC, APE and DSD playback
- 4-channel high-level inputs
- 2-channel AUX inputs (RCA)
- 4-channel high-level outputs (4x 50 Watts)
- 6-channel RCA outputs
- Optical TOSLINK output
- Coaxial output
- Rotary encoder
- Blue button illumination
- Power Output (rated 4Ω, 14,4V, 10%THD): 25W RMS x4
- THD+N (RCA 1W into 4Ω): ≤ 0.03%
- S/N (RCA A-wt): ≥ 98dB
- Input Voltage: high level 32Vpp, RCA 8Vpp
- Output Voltage: high level 28Vpp, RCA 12Vpp
- Frequency response (1W into 4Ω): 20Hz – 40kHz (+/-1.5dB)
- System sampling rate: 192kHz / 32bit
- Operating voltage: 9 – 16V
- Standby power consumption ≤ 0.1W
- REM start input: high level (FL+/FL-), ACC optional
- REM start output: 12V (0.2A)
- Weight: 0,77kg
- Dimensions (main unit): width 178mm, depth 144mm, height 50mm
- Dimensions (controller without installation frame): width 122mm, depth 12mm, height 54mm
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Storage capacity: maximum support 2TB
- File system: FAT16/32, NTFS, exFAT
- Maximum number of songs: 10.000
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG Audio Layer-3, sampling frequencies: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz, 12kHz, 11.025kHz, 8kHz. Bit rate: 8-320kbps
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media Audio, Sampling frequencies: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz, 11.025kHz, 8kHz. Bit rate: 12-192kbps (stereo), 0-128kbps (mono)
- AAC Decoding: “.M4A” file in ACC-LC format, sampling frequencies: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz, 12kHz, 11.025kHz, 8kHz. Bit rate: 8-320kbps
- MP4 Decoding: MPEG Audio Layer-4, sampling frequencies: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz, 12kHz, 11.025kHz, 8kHz. Bit rate: 8-500kbps
- WAV Decoding: Wave sound file, sampling frequencies: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz. Bit rate: 8bit, 16bit, 24bit
- FLAC Decoding: Free Lossless Audio Codec, sampling frequencies: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz, 12kHz, 11.025kHz, 8kHz. Quantization bits: 8bit, 16bit, 24bit
- APE Decoding: Monkey’s Audio, sampling frequencies: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22.05kHz, 16kHz, 12kHz, 11.025kHz, 8kHz. Quantization bits: 16bit, 24bit
- DSD Decoding: Direct Stream Digital (DSD64, DSD128, DSD256), sampling frequencies: DSD64 2.8224MHz, DSD128 5.6448MHz, DSD256 11.290MHz
- Bluetooth Supported Audio Formats: SBC / AAC / LDAC